KSPCB
   facebook   twitter
 

Other Topics


Fly Ash

 

Utilization of Fly ash from coal or lignite based Thermal Power Plants in Karnataka for the period 2015-16


Sl.
No

Name & Address
of the Industry

Power
Generating
Capacity
[MW]

Quantity of
fly ash
generated in MTA

Percentage
Utilization

Utilities

1

Raichur Thermal Power Company Limited, Shaktinagar, Raichur.

7 x 210 MW  and
1X 250 MW
(Total 1720 MW)

28,25,204.85

62.34

Supplied to cement
Industries, bricks manufacturing and tile industries.                            

2

Bellary Thermal Power Station, KPC Ltd. Kudithini village, Bellary Taluk and district

2 x 500 MW
1 x 700 MW

59,43,461

53.5

Supplied to cement industries

3

Udupi Power Corporation Ltd.,Yellur, Padubidri, Udupi.

2 x 600 MW

1,25,304 

100

Supplied to cement
Industries, bricks manufacturing and RMC units                            

4

JSW Energy Limited, Thoranagallu, Bellary district

2 x 130 MW

86,092

100

Supplied to Cement industry, brick units and used for slime pond bund construction.

2 x 300 MW

2,35,871

100

Supplied to Cement industries and used for slime pond bund construction.

5

Vasavadatta Cements, Sedam, Gulbarga district.

79.2 MW(Captive)

1,53,352

100

Used for cement making

6

Rajashree Cements, Malkhed Gulbarga district.

 58.2 (Captive)

1,13,117

100

Used for cement making

7

ACC Ltd., (Previously ‘Tata Power Corp. Ltd,) Wadi, Gulbarga district.

125 MW  (Captive)

2,42,761

100

Used for cement making

8

Grasim Industries Ltd, Kumarapatnam, Ranebennur Taluk, Haveri district.

20 MW (Captive)

60,392

100

Sent to brick manufacturers and  cement industries

9

West Coast Paper Mill, Dandeli, Uttara Kannada district.

74.8 MW

74,445

100

Sent to cement & brick Manufacturers

10

Gulberga Power Private Limited, Chatrasala village, Chincholi Taluk, Gulberga district

30 MW
(captive)

43061

100

Used for cement making

11

Chettinadu Cement Corpoaration, Kallur and Sangam villages, Chincholi Taluk, Gulberga district

30 MW
(captive)

17,364

100

Used for cement making

12

Surana Power Limited, Raichur Growth Center, Raichur Taluk & district

30 MW
(captive)

Closed

…….

......

13

Star Metallics & Power Private Limited, Hanumanahalli & M.M.Halli villages, Vyasanakere Post, Hospet Taluk, Bellary district

32
(captive)

70000

…..

Sent to brick manufacturers

14

Himatsingka Linens, Plot No. 1, SEZ, KIADB Industrial Area, Hanumanthapura Post, Hassan

12.5 MW
(captive)

4591

99.9

4587 disposed to brick manufacturers

15

Yermarus Thermal Power Station

800 MW x 2

--

 

Yet to commission

16

BMM Ispat Ltd, Bellary

25MW Power plant

3X70 MW Power plant

15000 TPA (100%)
150,000 TPA

 

achieved upto 60% disposal. Remaining 40% ash is stored in a separate dump site to use in embankment construction purpose in NH road making,

17

The  Sandur Manganese & Iron Ores Ltd.) Vyasanakere, M.M.Halli-583222. Hospet, Bellary (Dt.),

32 MW (Captive)

12001 TPA

100

Sold 10169 MT to Cement Industries and for NH works. Balance 1832 MT reutilised for boiler.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Back to Top